"Why you would purchase a reconditioned scanner instead of a new one?"
There are a few good reasons.
- Often the reconditioned scanner is of industry proven design!
- The obvious cost savings over buying new!
- Features sometimes not available on newer units! (Three level indexing is no longer available on any new Kodak scanner.)
- And probably something few people know. All new Kodak scanners 4000 and 5000
series have encrypted electronic assemblies. What that means for instance:
Say you have more than one scanner in a production environment and a lamp power
supply burns out or a operator control panel quits. You will not be able to swap
parts with one of your spare units. All electronic assemblies are "married"
to one unit and will not work in any other machine. Only Kodak will be able to
service your unit. You will be "married" to Kodak service and it will be a very
- Our pre-owned reconditioned scanners are disassembled, cleaned, and inspected. All worn parts (if any) are replaced and then unit is reassembled, adjusted and thoroughly tested to perform and look as new!
Corporate Technical Services has been repairing, rebuilding and reconditioning imaging equipment since 1987. Prior to 1987 the company was known as The Exchange Company which specialized in the reconditioning of customers micro-graphics and duplicating equipment having being formed in 1976.